Want to make the best cookies ever? We have a young man called Alain who works with us, and Alain’s Mum, Liz, just happens to be a dab hand when it comes to baking. So we asked Liz to come up with a cookie creation which, of course, incorporated some Rebel Chocolate.
And here is the great part, not only did we get some of these cookies to try, but Liz also absolutely smashed it! Hand on heart, we have been struggling to identify a cookie which we have tried which is better than these.
So, here is Liz’s recipe and some great photos. GIVE THESE A GO, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!
Ingredients: (makes about 30 very moreish and addictive cookies!)
- 100g unsalted cashew nuts or peanuts if preferred
- 250g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g golden or white caster sugar
- 140g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 100g crunchy cashew nut butter or peanut butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 90g bar Rebel Chocolate cut into 1cm chunks
- 50g dried cranberries or any other dried fruit
- Heat oven to Gas 6/180°C (fan)/400°F. Place the cashews on a tray and toast in oven for 5 mins, then cool and roughly chop up.
- Grease and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl, then stir in sugar.
- Add the cut up butter and nut butter to the bowl and rub together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Using a cutlery knife work the egg and syrup into the bowl to make a soft dough, then add the chocolate, nuts and cranberries and stir to combine. Try and not overwork the dough.
- Roll slightly heaped tablespoons of dough and place on sheet leaving space between each one to spread. Bake for 12-15 mins until golden. Leave to cool for 5 mins before removing to a wire tray.
- Note – the raw cookies can be frozen on a baking sheet, then transfer to a box once frozen. Bake from frozen adding 5 mins to the cooking time.