It’s more important than ever to treat yourself wisely. After all, not all chocolate is created equally. We have made it our mission to create great-tasting, healthier chocolate. But what exactly are the ingredients behind Rebel Chocolate?
Healthier ingredients make healthier milk chocolate
1) First up is cocoa, and lots of it! Rather than sugar (like most milk chocolates), cocoa is the most abundant ingredient in our chocolate. Cocoa contains antioxidants, so the more cocoa you put in your milk chocolate the better it is for you.
2) Our second ingredient is cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is extracted from cocoa beans using a powerful press. The amount of “cocoa” and “cocoa butter” provide the actual total cocoa percentage found in chocolate.
3) Next comes lactose-free whey protein. As our saying goes “sugar out, protein in”. If you are feeling run down, or recovering from illness, then get some more protein in your diet to rebuild.
4) Our next ingredient is cane and fruit sugars. Not much though. Our milk chocolates contain around 50% less sugar than other brands.
5) At number five is lactose-free milk powder. Lactose is the sugar found in milk, and up to 6 million people in the UK are lactose intolerant. We are pretty certain we are the only lactose-free real milk chocolate made in the UK!
6) And finally, soya lecithin. This is an emulsifier that allows all the ingredients to combine properly. Soya lecithin is an interesting substance. Lecithin’s are phospholipids, and phospholipids are really important in cellular processes. If anyone tells you otherwise, send them my way!
So we have created delicious chocolate with an emphasis on healthier ingredients. An awesome chocolate treat with positive nutrition. Feel the change.
Check out our full range here.